Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 22, Viernes, 4 Junio 2010

We had the morning free today so that we could begin the task of packing for the return trip home. I went into town today so that I could pay the departure tax ($26). Today is Helen’s birthday! Allan surprised her with a new pair of tennis shoes this morning in her favorite color…light blue (this is her very first pair of tennis shoes). I gave her a pair of light blue earrings that I found at a local gift shop. Final plans were being made to celebrate her birthday at a local restaurant tonight with all of their friends….of course, the family members will be there as well! So, I’ll be able to end my last night in Monte Verde at a huge birthday party. Unbelievably they are sad that I am leaving! It has been so much fun to be a part of their family these last 2 weeks.

We wrapped up our final day in Spanish class by studying the verbs that are most important. Of course, I will be bringing those workbooks back to the US so that I can continue my language development (and homework)!! We were also treated to a slide show with pictures of our activities….and a certificate of completion…60 hours of Spanish classes….and a small graduation ceremony! It really made all the studying and homework worth it! I highly recommend this program to anyone interested in learning the language…by immersion! Our CPI tour guide (Sonia) has been wonderful….and of course…my hat goes off to Dr Debbie Powell for making this a trip (and learning experience) of a lifetime!!!

We leave at 7 am tomorrow morning for San Jose; where we will spend the weekend. Our plans are to visit the National Museum, Theatre, and do some last minute shopping!

I’m going to miss Monte Verde and the Cloud Forest!!

End of Day 22……. (T-2 to home)

No comments:

Post a Comment