Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 18, Lunes 31 Mayo 2010

Happy Memorial Day! Of course, it is not a holiday in Costa Rica. Our group had the morning free today. So, I took advantage of that time and caught up on my research project. I had lunch at a local restaurant called “Johnnie’s” today. Yo tengo una hamburgesa, papas fritos, y fresas fresco (hamburger, homemade potato chips and strawberry fresco). I started my last week of Spanish classes with a new teacher. We continued our study of verbs and started learning the names of places. It’s hard to believe that our adventure is almost over! After classes were over at 5:15, we participated in a Salsa dance class! I had so much fun! When I hear Latin Salsa music in the future, I’ll always remember this dancing lesson! I hope I can recall the steps when I get home! I’m starting to enjoy the music in Costa Rica!
I had a conversation with Allen and Helen when I got “home” about the dance class and music. Allen was in the United States in 2000 (Montana). He showed me a CD that he purchased when he was there. Guess what song was popular????….”Who let the Dogs Out”!! I can only imagine what kind of impression he came home with!!!! We had a good laugh about that!
End of Day 18 (and count down to home)……although we still have a lot of things to do this week! Muchas actividads!

No comments:

Post a Comment