Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 1 reflection

I survived week 1 of the new school year! I came home today with a sore throat and the sniffles! Just my luck! I'm sure some little person has shared their germs! I am exhausted! I spent all week teaching...staying up until 12 or 1 am writing lesson plans...getting to school at 7 to make copies (ahead of the other teachers)...staying at school until after 5 pm! Welcome to the life of a teacher (especially a 1st year teacher who has no lessons from last year to pull from) Unfortunately, my partnership teacher doesn't have any either as this is her first year teaching 3rd grade! So...we are learning the curriculum together...

But I had a great time! I'm exactly where I want to be and I have a nice long 3 day weekend to plan for next week's activities! 7 more weeks......

I've posted a picture of my first writing assignment and display I made in the hallway!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terri....sounds like you're getting into the swing of things there...I can't wait for y'all to come over here...you'll absolutely love it! I believe that we're going to Skype next week so that will be exciting! I hope you enjoy your Student Teaching....by the way....what school are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way....ESPNchic....is Kira!

    ReplyDelete